Monday, September 03, 2007

Crossborders Confusion..

Confusion because I swear I thought the headlining band that night was Singaporean rock outfit Giants Must Fall..
Confusion also because what happened to the band Slapshock?

It's alright though.

Jean of the band Giants Must Fall cleared the confusion up. Citing her bandmates inability to turn up due to work commitments that have them crawling on their bellies in the jungle.
Armed with an acoustic guitar, easy charm and distinct vocals, Jean successfully endeared herself to the modest crowd congregated in Laundry that night.




Her friend, another Singaporean muso joined her onstage for a couple of duets..




Relatively green band Throne Away then hopped onstage to belt out a couple of gritty rock tunes. Their set sounded like a mish mash of modern rock and punk. With a guitarist that brought Slash to one's mind and an androgynous vocalist with a shock of wavy curls, it was evident that Throne Away is a band intent on diversity.








Closing the night was Kuching boys Libretto!
Their set sounded like a pretty cool hybrid of post-rock/punk that refused to be pigeon-holed into one measly genre.
There were sum glitches in their set, but the boys managed to pick up from there and rock out nonetheless.






Topless drummer alert!


The people..








Madison Flynt and friend






Leonard giving me a sexy wink. Hee!


Ciaos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I READ YOUR JOBS.
I WANT A JAOB.
I DONT KNOW MALAY LANGUAGE.
I KNOW LITTLE ENGLISH.
I AM NOT CITIZEN.
I HAVE WORK PERMIT.
BAR TENDERS, HOSTS
MY E-MAIL
ALISA_BETH001

laundrybar.net
bar.laundry@gmail.com

follow me on Twitter join our facebook

What's On

Archives